header title

search and social media

1/21/2014

PROGRESS

Check out all of the before pictures here!

Guest Bath:
The guest bath originally had these gorgeous antique fixtures in the shower and at the sink. I fell in love as soon as I saw them and I knew I had to use them in my design ( I say design as if I am a pro or something).  They needed a little cleaning and could use a new finish on them but they totally work. This is them before we remodeled.


 

I searched and searched for this mirror and couldn't find it anywhere. I finally text my cousin and asked her to search; she found it in a matter of seconds at Restoration Hardware for $400 plus. She kept searching and found it for just over $100-SOLD. This was actually a couple inches bigger than the expensive one but was the natural wood color. That wasn't a problem. I had every intention to stain this but my mom came over and wanted to do it. I think it turned out fabulous.


It took a lot of searching the find the mosaic for this wall.  I had a specific look in mind and I wasn't settling for anything other than that. Thanks to my wonderful cousin and aunt I found it in Houston. I really love everything about this bathroom.


Jura mosaic wall
We are waiting for our new shower head to come in. We also are waiting for the new overflow and drain to come in so that they match


Cabinets before the clear coat was applied
Kitchen: Roll With It
The kitchen was not my taste at all. It was white and black, colors I would never choose. I had to work with the granite because that is much cheaper than replacing it. The pantry was small with no storage. We knocked out a wall and had new cabinets/storage built in.  I had the cabinets painted by Mr. Harmon, a local painter. He and his crew did a wonderful job; I am so happy with the end product. This picture doesn't really do the cabinets justice. When I get everything together and organized in there I will post another picture with better quality. The paint color was Pewter Cast with a charcoal glaze (Sherwin Williams). Notice the green flowers above the sink are gone. We had to cut that piece of wood out and add in a new piece. The little old man who lived in the house before us thought he would put his artistic touch on the cabinets. How precious? They just weren't my colors.


Master Bathroom: Fresh Start
The only thing that stayed were the cabinets, they got a fresh coat of paint and knew knobs. Our new fixtures are polished nickel, love them. I still need to put a clear coat on the cabinets, hopefully that really sets them off. My Uncle Gary was able to paint these, he's awesome.   

The toilet area before and after. We got a new toilet, baseboards, tile and fresh paint. The window was black and looked outdated so we used DTM paint (direct to metal) in white to give it an updated look. More updates on this bathroom coming soon...

Master Bedroom: screaming HELP
This room had no previous updating at all. It was old wore out carpet, old trim and baseboards that appeared to be yellow (from again, not a paint color), wallpaper galore, and interesting (to say the least) drapery. We still need to install the carpet, after that this room will be finished. Right now wea re sleeping in the guest room.
We rid the wallpaper, ripped out the carpet, chunked the trim and baseboards and retextured all of the sheetrock. My favorite aspect of this updated room is the amazing brick wall. Such a big difference this made in the room. We also added new wood blinds and as soon as I find the right color (and price) I will add curtains to the window.

The ceiling fan is from Lamps Plus

Brick: Cedar Bayou Thin Veneer
We won't be using a headboard since I did the arch in the brick

Living Room: 
In the living room I didn't have much work to do. We painted the walls and ceiling insets and hung a new ceiling fan. The floors we plan to replace with new wood but we are going to wait and let the toddler rough these up for a little longer. Here is the fan we chose. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented and creative! Love this blog!
    - MIL/Grammy

    ReplyDelete