header title

search and social media

6/05/2014

SPRUCING UP

This back patio is definitely transforming. It's not complete yet but we are headed in the right direction. The patio originally was completely closed in with windows and a door; the previous owner demolished all that for us since we didn't want it that way. It was a little old school and looked trashy. I love laying in the backyard enjoying the sun while Maddox roams. It was boring and lifeless; it's coming around! Every piece of furniture you see has been 100% free to me. Come summer time I am a picker. I drive around looking for someone else to throw something away that I can give a little TLC and make my own. The table pictured below was found that way. I actually found that one day before finding three matching chairs on the side
of the road, how convenient? The love seat and 4 matching chairs were given to me by a friend of mine. She was over having furniture with cushions and was going to throw them away, insane! I'm going to replace/recover the cushions soon enough. My aunt generously gave me the chaise lounge; she asked that I pay it forward.

Maddox and I went to Houston Wednesday night to stay at a hotel so we could get some shopping done early Thursday morning. Maddox did a little swimming while nick and I relaxed and enjoyed watching him play.  We had a lovely breakfast at the hotel before heading out, which someone paid for. What a nice surprise! I wanted to leave a really big tip for the waitress but I had NO cash on me. I did however have a gift card-that works too!


I bought all of these lovely pillows and cushions at World Market and they were on sale-score! I still have a lot more to buy but I think it's coming a long nicely. I also got the rug there!


No comments:

Post a Comment